Thursday, April 8, 2010

Coming Home











Well we are on the eve of returning home and I am out of time. Looks like my blog is current up through Easter but there is much more to share about this past week in Guangzhou, so I will have to try and finish it while I am getting over my jet lag this weekend. It is just after 11pm on Thursday evening and both Lila and Aubree are down for the count. We have to meet our driver in the lobby of the hotel at 6am and depart for the airport. We will be flying to Beijing and then connecting to Chicago and on to Omaha. If all goes well we should be arriving in Omaha around 7pm Friday evening. From start to finish we will either be in an airport or in an airplane for 26 hours straight, but we are much more confident that Aubree will do well than when we first met her. Thank you for all the prayers and well wishes our journey is almost complete. I leave you with some of my favorite pictures I have not yet shared and I promise to complete the blog through our return home shortly. I also plan on posting to it periodically for a while after we return so everyone can see Aubree in her new home with her new family. The Peterson family has truly been blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Have a great trip home! Thanks for sharing so many wonderful pictures and details of your trip. I can't wait to see little Aubree after she has had a chance to settle in at home. What an adventure you three have been on. And it's only the beginning!

    ReplyDelete

Countdown to Gotcha Day